Happy New Year, Dragons! Here’s hoping you had a chance to rest and recharge during Winter break, because we are jumping into a busy January with both feet!
We have a couple all school events coming up:
· Movie Night is this Friday (1/11) at 6pm and we’ll be showing Christopher Robin. As always, the commons will be open at 5:30pm for families that want to bring their dinner. Bring pillows and blankets to cozy up on the gym floor during the movie!
· PE Circus Night is Wednesday, 1/16 from 5-7pm. This is a fun-filled, active, and much loved event. Come out to see what your kiddos are learning in PE, and maybe try something new yourself.
· Everyone is welcome at our 2nd PTA General Membership meeting on Thursday, Jan. 24. The school will open at 6:45pm for snacks and social time, and we’ll begin the meeting at 7pm. Principal Wallace will be there to shed some light on the school budget, both at the district level and in our building.
If you’re at school for drop-off, pick-up, Movie Night, or Circus Night, make sure to check the Lost and Found racks. All red-tagged items will be donated on Jan. 18.
Believe it or not, now that we’ve turned to corner into 2019, there is already work being done to prepare families for the 2019-2020 school year!
· Cascadia is hosting Prospective New Family Nights in advance of open enrollment. If you know of a family who is considering Cascadia, point them to this link to RSVP.
· For families of 5th graders, middle school tours are also happening this month:
o Robert Eagle Staff Middle School (RESMS): Tonight! Jan. 10, 6:45pm-8:30pm
o Hamilton Middle School (HMS): Tues. Jan. 22, 6:30pm-8:30pm
o Jane Addams Middle School (JAMS): Wed. Feb. 6, 6:30pm-8:30pm
Some other opportunities to learn about middle school experiences from HC families include SeaHiCap meet-ups on 1/20, 3/10, and 5/12 at 1pm at the PACCAR room in the Central Library. SeaHiCap is a new group started by former Cascadia parents with the aim to connect families of HC students throughout the district. We are also working to organize a Cascadia meet up to share middle school info. Keep an eye out for more info.
Finally, just a reminder, Winter after school clubs resume Mon. Jan. 14, and run through March 22.
Many thanks to our fantastic PTA board, volunteers, and families for a great first half of the year. I’m very excited for all that’s in store for our community in this second half!