Annual Fund: 25% to Our Extension Goal
We appreciate all the families who made a contribution to our Annual Fund. Unfortunately, we are far behind in meeting our goal of filling our funding gap. If you have not yet made a donation, please do so. We want to wrap our extension up this week. If we are not able to make our contribution goal, we will be looking to cut items from our current budget.
— Reminder: In order to fund our budget for this school year, we need to bring in $215k. When our annual fund wrapped up we had about $165k in. We are looking to raise another $40k by the end of this week, of which we have bridged 25% ($10k). —
Our budget provides vital school roles
- the counselor
- more time with the librarian for our voracious readers
- an instrumental music program for any 4th or 5th grader who wants to participate
- a garden program to enhance the science program for 3rd and 4th graders
- an i-Lab program to enhance science for 1st and 2nd graders
- drama program to enhance language arts and offer a chance to step outside of their comfort zone for 5th graders
Our funds also support classroom teachers by providing funds for supplies, textbooks, digital subscriptions. SPS DOES NOT offer more funding to our students, yet our students have needs that require additional professional development (which the PTA provides) and additional manipulatives and supplemental curricula (which the PTA funds).
If you’re looking for more to do (and what parent isn’t?):
- Please become a PTA member. We will be making our budget for next year soon and voting to endorse the upcoming school levies and only members can vote on these issues. In the case we do not meet our fundraising goals, we will also be voting on what to cut from our current school year’s budget. Our next general meeting is in January.
- Add Cascadia PTA to your Amazon Smile account, so a portion of anything spent at Amazon goes to our PTA.
Cascadia PTA Board